Join our team
We are always on the look out for enthusiastic volunteers to join our team at the Coffin Works. Why not apply today?
Are you a good fit for the Coffin Works?
Are you friendly and outgoing? Do you enjoy talking to people and sharing your passion for Birmingham’s social and industrial history? Would you love being part of the team of Birmingham’s most unusual heritage attraction? Then get involved and join us at the Coffin Works!
There are four main ways of getting involved here at the Coffin Works: front of house, room enabler, tour guide and café assistant. All of these roles are central to the running of this unique visitor attraction. You will help bolster our team and help us deliver our award-winning visitor experience throughout the year.
Why volunteer at the Coffin Works?
What are the benefits of volunteering with us?
We really are a family here at the Coffin Works, we all work together to create a wonderful, friendly atmosphere for both visitors and volunteers alike. Absolutely everyone is welcome!
Alongside meeting new people and discovering life-long friendships, there are lots of other reasons to volunteer with us, here are just a selection of them:
- Hands on experience in an exciting and vibrant environment
- Meeting people from all walks of life
- Improve your knowledge of Birmingham and Industrial History
- Take part in a wide range of events with fellow enthusiasts
- Chances to get involved in volunteer team projects (which have previously included: shroud making, compiling a team cook book, researching and writing special themed tours etc.)
- Becoming part of a friendly and committed team
- Varied social events like street parties, BBQs and quizzes
- Building your confidence in public-facing environments
- Refining your communication skills
- Volunteer trips to varying sites around the Midlands
- Additional training e.g. conservation cleaning, collections
- Badge reward system for hours and years volunteering
- Experience for your CV and references for future employers
- Become a part of Birmingham’s rich history
In our volunteer's own words
“Simply put, the Coffin Works is home from home to me. As a volunteer, a warm welcome greets me on every shift, I am recognised and thanked for my worth, and share the successes of this unique, celebrated museum. I am incredibly proud to be part of this dedicated, brilliant team that constantly keeps giving, of the very best.”
If you’re keen to join the team, click the button to complete the online Application Form or download the PDF version and send it over to us at:
email@example.com or post to: The Coffin Works, 13-15 Fleet Street, Jewellery Quarter, B3 1JP
Alternatively, give us a ring on 0121 233 4785 for a chat about how you could get involved, we’d love to hear from you!